Serving Virginia, Maryland, & Washington, DC
By now, most people have scanned some type of document. In the office setting, scanning might have been done on a central scanner/copier or even on a high speed scanner. Some people have desktop scanners at their disposal to handle the small, daily flow of documents that can be scanned. And when you really think about, just about everyone has a Smartphone – which means just about everyone has a document scanner in their pocket. Sometimes document scanning is easy and other times, it’s much more a hassle. All sorts of things can and do go wrong – mis-feeds, dirty scanners, improperly configured scanner settings, software problems, and simple fear of new technology can stop you in your tracks as you try to scan your important documents.
Looking for a better way to handle your document scanning? How about hiring Modern Image – a company that specializes in scanning reams of documents and photos. We are all about document scanning – it’s what we do. Contact us to learn more.
- Our scanners are all properly configured – hardware and software – for each customer project and the various documents that need to be scanned.
- Our document preparation team ensures that every page will be scanable. Staples, paper clips and other bindings are removed. Sticky notes and other small pieces of paper are scanned and cropped to proper size.
- We keep our scanners clean and pristine! Each scanner is cleaned multiple times during the day to ensure your images are nearly perfect representations of the original.
- Each page is scanned using a high-end scanner with special technology to detect mis-feeds and other scanning issues.
- Each document is indexed with a unique file name, making it very easy for you to find the documents later.
- Every page is scrutinized by our quality assurance team using a visual inspection. Any page not meeting our stringent standards will be re-scanned.
- Files are encrypted and delivered. Safe and Secure!
The whole reason you want to scan your documents in the first place is to efficiently clean up the clutter on your desk or in your office. Make more space available in the office files for growth. Make things more readily findable via indexing. Think about it – document scanning is all about organization and reducing clutter. What are you waiting for?
If you have a big, one-time scanning project, you need to give us a call at Modern Image. We have extremely competitive pricing available because we don’t have all of the overhead that other document scanning companies have. Or maybe you have a need for regular scanning, we can arrange for weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly pick ups. We can also handle up to extremely large document collections (10,000,000+ pages).
Common Reasons To Digitize Your Documents
SIGNIFICANT COST REDUCTIONS – Most organizations who start scanning do so to realize significant cost reductions, particularly those associated with:
- Managing and storing Medical Records
- Managing and storing Financial Records
- Physical storage space
- Courier services
- Administrative costs (such as filing and retrieving)
- Legal document production
LEGAL COMPLIANCE – Organizations of all sizes now must comply with laws such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Sarbanes-Oxley, and FOIA requests or audits. Many of these regulations provided an initial grace period for smaller businesses, but the time to comply is now at hand. This has created a need to implement document retention policies and strategies and to seek technology that can help manage all business information more efficiently.
DISASTER RECOVERY – We are living in a time when there is an unprecedented number of natural disasters including tsunamis, hurricanes, earthquakes and tornadoes. When taken in concert with man-made disasters including fire or terrorism, large, medium and small businesses are greatly impacted. Unless the organization has a fully implemented disaster recovery plan, it is likely its operations will be shut down. Inc. Magazine reported “that 75 percent of SMB’s (Small and Medium-Sized Businesses) have no disaster recovery plan and that 40% never reopen after a disaster.” According to market analyst firm, Gartner Group, “50 percent of SMB’s will go out of business within three years if lost data can not be recovered within 24 hours.”
These staggering percentages are forcing SMB’s to consider digitizing their paper information assets for ready retrieval, while storing paper off-site to ensure the physical protection of their information and ensure business continuity, should they experience a data storage disaster.