The Scan Man is loving the Canon! I have had a couple of weeks to play around with this scanner and push it through its paces. Speed, quality, efficiency–all outstanding!
First of all, its a really nice looking scanner. It folds down small, and stays small with the top open. It sets up easily. The software included is powerful and useful for a variety of tasks.
My testing was based on pushing a large volume of 1-2 page documents through, and using the barcode to split the documents and also for indexing/naming. I scanned several hundred pages through and the scanner performed flawlessly. It rarely misfed, and when it did, it was very easy to clear the paper path. The paper is pulled through steadily and with just the right amount of force so you can tell this baby was built for performance scanning.
I tested the scanner with Kofax Express and Kodak Capture Professional. the scanner performed very well with both applications. Kofax Express was very easy because VRS was already built into the software, making the installation a little less tricky. Kodak Capture Professional is a little more expensive, but it more feature rich than Kofax Express. To get the best scanning with the Kodak Capture Pro/Canon Scanner combination, I chose to install and use Kofax VRS, which comes included with the scanner (the Basic Version, which is handy enough for most image clean up.). Both Kofax Express and Capture Pro are certified to run with the Canon, and depending on your needs, both are terrific applications to drive the scanner. The Canon comes with its own capture software, however I did not have an opportunity to fully evaluate it yet.
If you are interested in learning about this scanner, contact the Scan Man. List price is $4,995. Contact me for the Modern Image price.
Canon’s imageFORMULA DR-6030C departmental scanner blends high speeds and reliable document handling with versatility and convenience. The DR-6030C scanner provides comprehensive functionality in a desktop design that effectively delivers document capture benefits in any business application.
The DR-6030C scanner is ideal for distributed scanning of high volumes of documents. At the front desk or in the back office, this scanner is well-suited for use at the departmental level. Government, financial services, healthcare, education, and other industries can benefit from its convenient design and its flexible, reliable document handling.
FEATURES & ADVANTAGES
• Scan up to 80 pages per minute or 160 images per minute
• 100-sheet Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) for high volume batch scanning
• Ultrasonic Double-Feed Detection ensures no data is lost
• Rapid Recovery System helps to recover from feeding errors and resumes scanning from that point
• U-turn Paper Path accommodates most high-volume scanning tasks
• Straight Paper Path helps to scan items such as thick documents and plastic cards
• Long Document Mode scans documents up to 118.1” in length
• Compact desktop design
• Mixed batch document handling (Deskew and Auto Page Size Detection reduce batch preparation time)
• Up to 100 sets of scanning preferences allow for quick access to frequent jobs
• MultiStream ™ allows for the simultaneous output of different image types from a single scan
• ISIS and TWAIN drivers standardize the interface to scanning applications
• Bundled software includes Canon CapturePerfect®, Kofax VirtualReScan, and Nocson EasyConnect (available via download from the Nocson website)
Environment in Mind
• Meets Energy Star Guidelines
• Complies with RoHS and WEEE directives
• Part of the Canon Generation Green program
• Canon eCarePAK (Exchange Service)