Dental Records Scanning
Modern Image has the experience necessary to scan charts for any size practice or hospital. If you are interested in scanning your charts, below is a summary of what you can expect:
- We will visit your office or storage facility to gather project requirements and to estimate the amount of charts to be scanned. You will receive a written estimate within 24 hours. There is no charge for estimating the project.
- If your charts are not already in boxes, we can pack your charts for you. Boxes will be labeled and inventoried prior to transfer to our secure scanning facility. The facility has been independently audited for HIPAA compliance.
- Charts are prepped for scanning. We remove the paper from the chart-prongs, and then remove staple, paperclips, and other bindings.
- Charts will be scanned utilizing production-grade Kodak scanners, driven by Kodak Capture Pro. Our scanning process produces exceptional quality images.
- Charts are categorized and indexed to your specifications.
- Every scanned chart is 100% visually inspected for quality. Every image must pass this rigorous inspection before delivery will be made.
- Charts are output to PDF and uploaded to your Electronic Dental Records system. We have worked with many systems and we can assist in mass-loading for your scanned charts.
- After you provide authorization, your charts will be shredded securely. A certificate of destruction will be provided.
With Modern Image:
- Quality is guaranteed.
- No investment in your own scanning hardware, computers, or software. No internal labor costs.
- Costs are lower than performing the work yourself since we are optimized to scan very efficiently.
- Errors are minimized, and any errors will be resolved with no additional cost to the practice.
- Scanning is done faster since we will use multiple large, high‐speed scanners.
There are 3 reasons why dental practices scan their charts.
- Clear the file room ‐ Clearing the file room lets you re‐purpose the space for new exam rooms. Storing paper on‐site costs money, when the space can be used by the practice to make money instead. Costs of storing on‐site include the actual rent for the floor space, and for payroll used to search and retrieve charts. If a chart is lost or misfiled, it is extremely difficult and expensive to locate. If files are stored in a document storage facility, there is a cost for storage and a cost for retrieval, as well as the cost for an employee to pick up the chart.
- HIPAA compliance ‐ Most file rooms are inherently not secure under HIPAA. A complete audit trail of who and when charts are accessed is possible with digital charts. The enforcement arm for HIPAA has recently leveled multi‐million dollar fines against dentall practices because they could not produce patient charts in a timely manner. Scanning will also make it easy and fast to comply with HIPAA requirements to produce a complete medical record within 30 days of a patient request. (See article, HIPAA Bares Its Teeth: $4.3m Fine for Privacy Violation)
- Improved Patient Outcome ‐ The evidence is clear that EMR adoption improves patient outcomes. There are many reasons why, but giving doctors the ability to quickly review and share digital charts with other medical professionals is certainly a key reason. Once your charts are digital, they can be accessed securely and remotely via tablets or iPad, or even from your smart phone.
How Our Dental Record Scanning Services Work
Modern Image USA has been operating sine 2006, since this time we have worked with many dental practices to help get their files electronically scanned in a professional and secure environment.
- The first thing we do is to visit your office or storage facility. At this time we will gather information on your scanning needs so that we can deliver an estimate to you within 24 hours. All initial estimations are completed with no cost to your business.
- Once you have decided on our dentall record scanning services, we will pack up your charts, creating an inventory as we go. All charts will then be sent to our secure scanning facility. Our secure site is independently audited for HIPAA compliance.
- We prepare your documents for scanning by removing all bindings. We then use our production grade scanners to scan all of your dental records.
- Once documents have been scanned, we will categorize and index them so that they meet your individual business needs. We inspect each chart to make sure that every image meets our rigorous scanning criteria.
- All charts are then output to PDF files and sent to your electronic dental records system. We are experts at mass loading scanned charts and have worked with a large amount of differing medical systems.
- Once we have received your authorization, we will securely shred all of the charts, providing you with a certificate of destruction.
Professional Dental Record Scanning You Can Trust
Modern Image USA has worked with many dental practices to help them clear space, improve patient outcomes, and comply with HIPAA. We understand the unique challenges that dental practices face when it comes to dealing with dental records and files. We can help you transform your practice by providing the highest quality medical document scanning services.
Modern Image USA understands that privacy and confidentiality is important when it comes to your patients files, and our expert imaging consultants have many years experience dealing with both large and small confidential projects.
Request a Free Estimate for Dental Record Scanning Services Today
If you are looking for a dental record scanning service that can help you get your office organized, contact us today at Modern Image USA.